Friday, October 17, 2014

DIGITAL X-RAY VIRGINS

Digital XRays Are the Future | (800) 704-8494
Digital XRays Are the Future | (800) 704-8494
For some unidentified reason, my wife and I have gotten hooked on all those real estate reality shows on HGTV. One of these shows, "Property Virgins," features first-time homebuyers trying to decide if they want to own a home and, if so, what they should buy. Watching this show feels a bit familiar to me because a few short months ago you could have called me a Digital X-Ray Virgin.
For the last 13 years, I have shared a 12-operatory building and an old x-ray processor with two other Digital X-Ray Virgins. We all thought we were doing pretty well with our film and our chemicals and our temperamental x-ray processor. I am now happy to report that my partners and I made our decision and we are now immensely enjoying the wonderful world of digital imaging.
So why did I wait so long to go digital with my x-rays? I’ve asked myself this question many times, because I have enjoyed this technology so much since adding it to my practice last August. But as I think about it, I had several reasons that kept me from pulling the plug on my old x-ray processor. Some of the major concerns were:
  • The sensors I had tried didn’t seem to be as diagnostic as film and I figured I would just wait for the technology to improve;
  • I also was hoping costs would come down over time; and
  • I was concerned I would need better computers with more data storage, and additional monitors, which would mean an even larger price to implement digital x-rays.
  • My patients, who were used to film x-rays, might not like those bulky sensors.
Another roadblock was that my aforementioned partners—with whom I shared a darkroom and x-ray film processor—weren’t ready to make the move yet either. The list seemed to go on and on.
To read more about this subject, click here

DentiMax, LLC
4115 E. Valley Auto Dr.
Suite 101
Mesa, AZ 85206
(800) 704-8494
(480) 396-1798
http://www.dentimax.com