Friday, September 5, 2014

Digital X Rays: Top Ten Things You Can Do With Your Old Darkroom

Digital X-Rays are the future.  But what do you do if you have old school X-Ray equipment?
Digital X Ray Sensors Can Change Your Practice | (800) 704-8494

Digital X-Ray Sensors and X-Ray Developers

If you purchased or built out your dental office over five years ago, you may very well have one of those small rooms that used to house your old, temperamental, chemical-consuming x-ray processor. Your employees used to wear a path to this room over and over, multiple times every day. Some days the processor worked slowly, but well. Other days it didn’t, and you had no choice but to call the $100 per hour technician! Then something changed -- you decided to try some of those new-fangled digital x-ray sensors! At first, you kept your old x-ray processor “just in case.” Then you and your staff stopped going to that little room entirely. The door was shut, and nobody has given it a second thought since.
Digital x-ray technology has proven itself to be equally reliable and incredibly superior to film in diagnostic quality, time efficiency, overhead reduction, patient exposure, and environmental impact. I have been utilizing digital x-ray sensors in my own practice for a year and a half now, and I would be willing to argue that the digital x-ray has been the single-most revolutionary addition to the practice of dentistry since the advent of light-cured composite!

Digital Sensors

I have been extremely satisfied with the DentiMax sensors my staff has been using day in and day out. One of the things that excited me the most about these sensors at first was the price! It made me skeptical that they were one of the least expensive sensors available while at the same time being the slimmest. The CRA report on the DentiMax sensors rated them very high in comparison to the much more expensive “Name Brand” sensors we have all heard of. I am happy to report that the chance I took on these sensors has paid off.
I have also found my digital imaging software to be extremely intuitive and easy to use. The tools it provides are powerful, and they have helped me countless times as I have been able to easily diagnose and show my patient what is wrong in his or her mouth. My treatment plan presentations have increased in quality and efficiency now that I can easily show patients, on a 23” screen, exactly where the problems are. Even more important to me, I sense that my patients trust me more as their dentist and they take ownership of their treatment plans more readily after they have been able to see for themselves, in black and white and a thousand shades of grey, what needs to be done.
So, back to the darkroom. What in the world should we do with those little abandoned rooms that exist, or will shortly exist as soon as you make the move to go digital?
And so, without further delay, “THE TOP TEN THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR OLD DARKROOM,” in descending order:
10. Remodel it into a shower.
9. A place to put those bulky, old, archived paper files.
8. Start a retro photography hobby.
7. Install a soda fountain with energy drinks where the processor used to be.
6. Change it into a private office for the office manager or associate.
5. Panic Room!!! (You decide what kind of panic.)
4. Convert it into a floor-to-ceiling saltwater aquarium.
3. Create a sauna room (for those cold winter days or when the A/C is freezing you out).
2. Turn it into a tanning booth! (Great for employee retention.)
And the number one thing you can do with your old darkroom --
1. Finally, a place to put that cushy massage chair.
I wish you the best as you decide what to do with yours.

DentiMax, LLC
4115 E. Valley Auto Dr.
Suite 101
Mesa, AZ 85206
(800) 704-8494
(480) 396-1798
http://www.dentimax.com

No comments:

Post a Comment